Association – English version
« Espace Régional Internet Citoyen »
Tuesday from 14:30 to 17h
Thursday from 9:30 to 12:30
Please, contact us to make an appointment
Tel. : 09 50 74 04 67
Created in 2000, Ancrages association promotes for the recognition of the history of migrations in the national heritage.
The history and the memories of immigration concern the housings projects as a whole but despite the many initiatives that intend to «collect» immigration memories, the experience of migration remains scarcely and unclearly transmitted as part of the family, school and professional environment. This issue lies at the heart of the popular education and heritage questions since it refers to the idea of living together.
Promoting the local history
Currently, Ancrages provides the resource center dedicated to migration memories in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region. The resource center aims to promote the local history in relation with the locals, the associations and the professionals working on heritage and culture issues.
Preserving the private archives
Since 2008, we have committed a safeguarding campaign of the private archives related to immigration.
The campaign nowadays continues with the regional focus guide oriented towards the holders of immigration private archives in the PACA region.
Mediation, formation and international cooperation related to migration issues
Ancrages also engages in cultural mediation, professional trainings and international cooperation actions related to migration issues. To carry out this mission, the association relies on collected documentary data and on the experience of its network made up of academic and professional people.
Ancrages counts on its resources materials and on the competences of its stakeholders to carry out its role of trainer and cultural mediator on immigration and heritage issues.
- Disseminating resources materials related to migration issues in Provence-Alpes-Côtes d’Azur region.
- Promoting immigration as a major process in the history of the settlement in Provence-Alpes-Côtes d’Azur region.
- Educating people about the pedagogical approach of the migration process.
- Passing on the memory of the immigrant populations through a patrimonial, artistic and cultural approach.
- Informing the private archives holders of the collect call concerning family, companies and associations records in the department of Bouches du Rhône.
- Qualifying local actors and initiating reflections about heritage-making process.
- Following the transformation of collective memories into historical and patrimonial production.